The SLT invites you to attend a World Cafe this Sunday, January 13, 4:00-6:00 p.m. During this time we will begin fleshing out how we may give greater life to our commitment to living in community, practicing peacemaking and welcoming all in the name of Christ. All are invited and encouraged to attend. Light refreshments and childcare will be provided.
SLT has provided the following guidelines. Please keep them in mind as we talk together.
Although we may have different interpretations of what love means, we believe that Jesus summed up his teachings as love for God and others. Using the Bible as a guide, we want to follow Jesus. Therefore in our conversations, we try to:
- Be mindful, especially in conflict, that each of us is a beloved child of God.
- Honor the trust we place in each other.
- Listen with compassion and curiosity, while suspending judgment.
- Ask for what we need and offer what we can.
- Speak for ourselves with intention, focusing on our shared mission.