At the November 16 congregational meeting, a motion was approved to hire a lead treasurer from outside Berkey for the current fiscal year. However, the Stewardship and Finance Commission was also asked to find out whether a qualified person inside the congregation is willing to do this work on a volunteer basis. The commission is now fulfilling this request by advertising for this role. The ideal candidate will:
- Be proficient with QuickBooks online, payroll procedures, and IRS guidelines that affect churches and pastors.
- Thoroughly understand standard accounting procedures.
- Devote an average of 3.5 hours a week minimum (some weeks will be more than 3.5 hours).
- Commit to serve a term of 3-5 years.
- Begin transitioning into this role in early August and accept full responsibility on September 1, 2015.
- Automatically attend all meetings of the Stewardship and Finance Commission.
If you are interested, please talk to a member of the commission: Patrick Buller, Ben Buckwalter, Phil Miller, or Dan Schrock.